Everything about this car is a WOW-factor beyond comprehension. Pictures just don’t do it justice – seeing it in person you drool, twice!
Photos credited to Josh Cole (jcolephoto.net)
We were so excited to interview Sean on his rare, manual transmission, BMW M3. The car is a beauty, from the exterior to the interior, and all of the custom one-off pieces make it stand out from any other 2017 F80 model!
What makes this car so special? Just about everything. BMW only sold a few manual transmission M3s, and Sean’s is one of them! It also sports Daytona Violet Metallic paint with custom bits that can’t be missed – it just screams for the cover spot on our magazine.
Sean has spent the last 25 years being a gear head and his parents are the people responsible for getting him hooked on them. Sean’s mother is actually 70-years-old and has been racing for the last 30 years! Everything from Miata to Porsche, she’s the coolest mom ever.
He searched for a year trying to find that color and transmission. Finally, he found it online at a BMW Dealership in Boston! He was excited but then discouraged when he got on the phone with the salesman, who said there had been 10 calls about the car in just one hour. The salesman asked sean to call again tomorrow.
“So I called the next morning and the salesman said, actually it sold, someone’s buying the car and we’re doing the financing as we speak. So, I was super bummed.”Sean Millard
By some crazy miracle, Sean received a phone call at 4 pm from the salesman and he says, “The guy’s financing fell through, he couldn’t get it.” Sean said right away he’d take it. He purchased the car and flew up the next day to pick it up. It’s almost like the car was meant for Sean.
“I’m super proud of this build and it’s won multiple best-of-show awards.
The color is Daytona Violet Metallic, which is a rare factory individual spec color. From what I’m told, it’s 1 of only 3 in North America with a manual transmission.”Sean Millard
- 3.0 Litre Straight Six Twin-Turbo S55 B30
- 528WHP and 556 lb/ft Torque on 93 Octane File
- Custom powder-coated SSR Intake and Charge Pipes
- Pro Tuning Freaks BM3 Stage 2, NGK plugs gapped to .020
- VRSF Downpipes
- AA Equal Length mid pipe
- Remus Exhaust with 102mm Carbon fiber tips
- CSF Heat Exchanger
- iND color matched Engine Cover
- 6 Speed Manual Gearbox
- BBS LM-R 20X9.5et23 (Front) and 20x11et40 (Rear) with custom gold hardware
- Michelin Pilot Super Sports 265/30/20 (Front) 295/30/20 (Rear)
- MRG Titanium Stud Kit
- OEM Calipers Color Matched Daytona Violet
- Emmanuele Design Suspension
- M Performance Carbon Fiber Front Lip
- M Performance Carbon Fiber upper splitters
- RW Carbon Rear Diffuser
- RW Carbon Side Skirts
- PSM Dynamic Rear Spoiler
- Autotecknic Carbon Fiber rear bumper splitters
- Sterckenn Carbon Fiber Front bumper fangs
- iND Custom Stitched Alcantara pieces with color matched stitching
- M performance Shift Knob
- Custom Carbon Fiber flat bottom steering wheel
- alcantara air bag cover
- iND color matched trim & stitching
- iND Purple Seat Belts (Front+Rear)
- Autotecknic Carbon Fiber Seat backs (Front and Rear)
- iND Custom OEM Mats with Purple Piping
- Pedal Haus Pedals
- JL Audio 500x1 Amp
- 12” JL Audi 12W6
Sponsors & Supporters
- My girlfriend Emily Opiela, for putting up with the modding madness and traveling to countless shows over the last 3 years 😊
- Laura Zimmerman from Turn14 - for all the great advice and literally being my second set of eyes for the entire build
- Adam Strunk from Nothing Leaves Stock
- Thompson Performance Group
- Ross Meitzler at Lehigh Valley Motors
- Jesse Hemans from BBS Wheels
- Nothing Leaves Stock